Friday, September 11, 2009

Impressions of the first week

Hello to a new school year and to yet another blog. With a class to motivate me to post I'm hoping Atelier Rose will be much more successful than my past attempts at an online art journal.

Things you can expect from me:
01. Art postings (my work and work that inspires me)
02. Mundane things about college life at RIT.
03. Whining about being a poor art student.
03. Some interesting (and not so interesting) anecdotes from my personal life.
04. Sarcasm.

It's nice to be back at school after months and months of no classes. The transition from my basement studio to the apartment has been pretty decent. Of course there's less space in my room, but at least it's all mine.

I think I'm having a fairly decent go at being sociable with my roommates this year. But pretty much anything is an improvement over living in the dorms.

As far as classes go I don't have any glaring issues with any of my professors.. yet. [laughs] But only time will tell. I was fairly lucky last year, as most of them were amazingly friendly and fun to have class with. I can only hope this year will be the same.

This quarter I'm taking a total of 18 credits; the maximum allowed without special permission. My classes are 2D Design, Drawing 1, Principles of New Media Design, Japanese 3 & Fundamentals of Sociology. In truth all of my classes seem pretty challenging so far.. but nothing that I think I can't handle if I put in the hours I need to. Though, I strongly suspect that several all-nighters are in my not so distant future.

Sidebar: 2D fills me with an intense desire to paste 2D of the Gorillaz all over my folders for that class.


[cackles] Perhaps it's for the best that I don't. Already I suspect a few of my teachers are aware of my.. eccentric nature when it comes to style.

Upcoming posts may include pictures of my room now that I've officially stopped living out of boxes. We shall see.

-Le petit Kiwii

No comments:

Post a Comment